Students who wish to attend Switzerland have to submit the following documents:
* 3 visa application forms, duly filled in, dated and signed
* 4 recent passport photos in colour, with white background, size 3.5cmx4.5cm
* 2 photocopies of the first 6 pages and all visas and stamps in the passport
* Letter of acceptance of the chosen school, 1 original, 3 copy
* Proof of sufficient funds, 1 original, 1 copy (e.g. bank guarantee, bank certificate)
* Certificates/diplomas (certified by a notary and translated into French), 1original and 3 copy
* 2 CV (curriculum vitae), signed by the student
* 2 study plans, signed by the student
* 2 future plans, including professional development intended by the student after having finished his/her studies in Switzerland, explanation on how the student is going to benefit from his/her studies in future, signed by the student
* Any other documentation you consider relevant to your application
To ascertain linguistic proficiency of the student, the Embassy of Switzerland may require a verbal test.
The applicant’s application will be forwarded for decision to the responsible immigration authority in Switzerland, therefore the Embassy will charge additional CHF 5.00 for postage. The Embassy of Switzerland can only issue a student visa upon receipt of the authorisation. Please note that the procedure takes approx. 6 – 12 weeks.
Travellers who wish to apply for a student visa must submit their application in person.